Fish and fish products is one of Indonesia’s main product. Indonesia has high capacity for this kind of products as well as shrimp.
The Main categories of Shrimp used for export are White Shrimp, Banana Shrimp and Black Tiger Shrimp, which belongs to 0306 Harmonized System group. It is usually exported as fresh, frozen, cooked and peeled and 90% of them as frozen.
The amount of national production per year seize to 327,200 tons, which comes from different parts of the provinces in Indonesia. They are:
- Bandar Lampung in Lampung province
- Cirebon in West Java province
- Makassar in South Sulawesi
- Sidoarjo in East Java province
- Palembang in South Sumatera province
- Medan, North Sumatera province
- Balikpapan/Tarakan in East Kalimantan province
- Semarang City in Central of Java province
Export destination countries:
United States, Japan, Belgium, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, China, Germany, Singapore, Netherlands, Italy, Taiwan, Province Of China, Malaysia, Viet Nam, Puerto Rico, Korea, France, Egypt, Australia, Canada, Reunion, Denmark, Russian Federation, Spain, Thailand, United Arab Emirates.